Saturday 5 August 2017

Not Too Sweet Banana and Coconut Cake

I love a good banana cake, as well as a toasty coconut cake. So this one ticks both boxes.  Not too sweet, but lovely and moist.  Have it warm with vanilla bean ice cream, or a slice with a tea or coffee for afternoon tea.  Either way I am sure you will enjoy it. 

Banana and Coconut Cake

Ingredients

2 Large Over Ripe Bananas (330g)
40g Golden Syrup
50g Coconut Sugar (you could use brown sugar)
50g Shredded Coconut
2 Eggs
Pinch of Salt
300g Self Raising Flour
80g Plain Yoghurt

Extra Tablespoon of both Coconut Sugar and Coconut. (I used flaked Coconut). Sprinkle this on top of the cake before putting it in the oven. 

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 170deg, and grease loaf tin well.
  2. Place banana and golden syrup in bowl and pulse 6 or 7 times till combined
  3. Add everything else and Pastry P1 2 mins. Stop, and scrape down with a spatula after 1 min. Finish P1
  4. Pour batter into a greased, and lined loaf tin and bake for approx 35 - 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. 
  5. Place on a rack and let cool. 
NOTES
  • I slice and freeze this as there are only 2 of us to eat the goodies I make.
  • Lovely served warm with some icecream
  • You could always make some caramel sauce to drizzle over it for a delicious dessert.


1 comment:

Leave me a message, I would love to hear from you.